CellStream, Inc. – Telecom Consulting and Training!
1-Day Instructor Led Hands On Exercises Class
5G is a significant enhancement in the evolution of mobile networks. 5G extends beyond providing services to the smart phone, to provide connectivity for all things. 5G has extensive flexibility in the allocation of resources. This flexibility enables 5G to provide wireless connectivity and network services to simple sensors, to highly complex mission critical industrial equipment.
To deliver this diverse set of service requirements and the growing number of connected devices, 5G has introduced a New Radio (NR) and transition the network from functional nodes to network functions (NF). It this course we look beyond NR and NFs, and look at specific topics that are fundamental to the success delivery of 5G services. These advanced topics include, Edge computing, high capacity deployments, 5G private networks including CBRS, security, and vertical services. An outline of planned future enhancements will also be provided.
Learners attending this course are expect to have attended the 2-day Understanding 5G course or have equivalent knowledge on 5G.
- Extend our understanding of the 5G system architecture to include Multi-access Edge Computing (MEC), and management and orchestration functions.
- Reveal how high capacity networks can be achieved using Massive MIMO and ultra-dense network concepts.
- Discuss the emergence of private 5G networks using shared spectrum, such as CBRS.
- Explore the different aspects of 5G security, including access and core network protection mechanisms.
- Explain how 5G delivers solutions to specific vertical markets, including location services, V2X communications and Industrial IoT (IIoT).
- Gain technical expertise on 5G and why it is important to our network future, and how you can better manage that importance in your job function.
The target audience for this course is anyone in engineering, testing, customer support, technical marketing and sales, system and solutions engineers. The course is ideal for anyone that requires an understanding of the advanced topics of 5G and seeks to comprehend the challenges of 5G that can be applied to their job function.
Ideal candidates are:
- Operations and administrative people that provide wireless configuration and network support services.
- Network architects and engineers that need to understand next generation wireless networks.
- Network administrators and management that are providing element and network management tools to manage next generation networks.
- Technical marketing and sales that must be able to correlate customer needs with emerging wireless network functions and capabilities.
- Solutions and systems engineers that want more than just a basic understanding of the technologies and architectures underlying 5G.
- Research and development individuals that need to expand their knowledge and studies of 5G technologies and wireless network topologies.
- System and project planners that need to plan for future network deployments and growth.
This course is designed for the learner that has fundamental knowledge of how 5G works, and is interested in exploring some of the critical technologies and new architectural concepts required to deliver eMBB, URLLC, and mMTC. Ideally the learner should have attended the 2-day Understanding 5G class prior to attending this course, or should have equivalent knowledge.
Learners will be provided with course material, exercises, and supporting reference material via the Online School of Network Sciences.
There are a number of related courses we offer that explore the technical aspects of both today’s and tomorrow’s wireless networks.
- For students requiring an understanding to today’s and future mobile networks we offer:
- 4G 101 Foundation, available both as instructor led and self-paced
- 4G 201 Advanced, available both as instructor led and self-paced
- 5G 101 in a day, a 1 day 5G introduction – instructor led, web based delivery only
- 5G 201 in a day, an advanced 5G class – instructor led, web based delivery only
- Understanding 5G Wireless Networks, a 2 day instructor led, web based delivery only class
- Advanced 5G Network Radio and Network Concepts – a 1 day instructor led, web based delivery only class
- For students working on IoT, we have several additional courses that compare and contrast the different technologies being deployed to connect “things” to the Internet, such as:
- Enabling IoT: Wireless Low Power and Lossy Networks
- Enabling IoT: The ZigBee Protocol, available both as instructor led and self-paced
- Enabling IoT: IEEE 802.15.4 Low Rate Wireless Sensor Networks
- Enabling IoT: Wireless Access in Vehicular Environments (WAVE)
- Enabling the IoT: Next Generation 802.11 WLANs
- For students needing a technical understanding of the operation of 802.11 Wi-Fi networks we have:
- Understanding Wi-Fi 802.11 Fundamentals – a 1 day instructor led, web based delivery only class
- Wi-Fi 5 – Very High Throughput (802.11ac) – a 1 day instructor led, web based delivery only class
- Understanding Voice and Video over Wi-Fi – a 1 day instructor led, web based delivery only class
- Hands-on Wi-Fi 6/6E (802.11ax) – a 2 day instructor led, web based delivery only class
- Understanding Wi-Fi Security with WPA2 and WPA3 – a 1 day instructor led, web based delivery only class
- For students looking to learn more in general about Wireshark, check out our Wireshark classes here.
- For students looking to learn more about Wi-Fi/WLAN – check our our WLAN operations courses here.
- For students looking to learn more about IPv6 – check our our IPv6 courses here.
- 5G Architecture and Edge Computing
- Phased implementation
- Review of NR and 5GCN (5G 2-day course)
- Multi-access Edge Computing (MEC)
- Management and orchestration
- High capacity deployments
- Massive MIMO
- Distributed antennas
- Ultra-Dense networks (UDN)
- Private 5G Networks (includes CBRS)
- Use cases
- Shared spectrum coordination
- Implementations standards
- Threats and security mechanisms
- Security requirements
- Securing access and the core network
- Security procedures
- Vertical Services
- Location-based services
- Vehicular-to-Everything (V2X) communications
- Industrial IoT (IIoT)
- Course Wrap Up
- Planned 5G enhancements
Each module concludes with an exercise to reinforce key learning points.
Course Description, Content, Outline, and Instructional Design are Copyright ©CellStream, Inc.