CellStream, Inc. – Telecom Consulting and Training!
1-Day Instructor Led Hands On Lab Class
This 1-day course is designed specifically for solutions engineers and account managers at your company. It provides them with an understanding of 5G that will allow them to more effectively interact and advise their customers.
At the end of this 1-day course the learner should be able to:
- Be familiar with key 5G network terminology
- Define the major 5G network functions and how they are implemented
- Understand how core network functions communicate in a service-based architecture
- Have the knowledge to engage in discussions on fundamental 5G networking concepts
- Start to understand how their job and your company products are helping your customers deploy 5G networks and services
As the title states, the target audience for this course is anyone in your company that works at the solutions level, such as account managers, sales people, sales engineers and similar roles, or anyone that needs a technology overview.
This course is designed to appeal to anyone that needs to be knowledgeable on 5G networks. No prior knowledge is required.
The demonstrations use the Wireshark packet analyzer to explore 5G network messages. Students who which to follow along with these demonstrations are expected to download and install the latest version of Wireshark before coming to class (https://www.wireshark.org/download.html).
Learners will be provided with course material, and supporting reference material via the Online School of Network Sciences.
There are a number of related courses we offer that explore the technical aspects of both today’s and tomorrow’s wireless networks. For students that require a technical an in-depth understanding of the 5G radio and core network, it is recommended that they attend the 2-day Understanding 5G Wireless Networks and 1-day Advanced 5G Network Radio and Network Concepts.
- For students requiring an understanding to today’s and future mobile networks we offer:
- 4G 101 Foundation, available both as instructor led and self-paced
- 4G 201 Advanced, available both as instructor led and self-paced
- 5G 101 in a day, a 1 day 5G introduction – instructor led, web based delivery only
- 5G 201 in a day, an advanced 5G class – instructor led, web based delivery only
- Understanding 5G Wireless Networks, a 2 day instructor led, web based delivery only class
- Advanced 5G Network Radio and Network Concepts – a 1 day instructor led, web based delivery only class
- For students working on IoT, we have several additional courses that compare and contrast the different technologies being deployed to connect “things” to the Internet, such as:
- Enabling IoT: Wireless Low Power and Lossy Networks
- Enabling IoT: The ZigBee Protocol, available both as instructor led and self-paced
- Enabling IoT: IEEE 802.15.4 Low Rate Wireless Sensor Networks
- Enabling IoT: Wireless Access in Vehicular Environments (WAVE)
- Enabling the IoT: Next Generation 802.11 WLANs
- For students needing a technical understanding of the operation of 802.11 Wi-Fi networks we have:
- Understanding Wi-Fi 802.11 Fundamentals – a 1 day instructor led, web based delivery only class
- Wi-Fi 5 – Very High Throughput (802.11ac) – a 1 day instructor led, web based delivery only class
- Understanding Voice and Video over Wi-Fi – a 1 day instructor led, web based delivery only class
- Hands-on Wi-Fi 6/6E (802.11ax) – a 2 day instructor led, web based delivery only class
- Understanding Wi-Fi Security with WPA2 and WPA3 – a 1 day instructor led, web based delivery only class
- For students looking to learn more in general about Wireshark, check out our Wireshark classes here.
- For students looking to learn more about Wi-Fi/WLAN – check our our WLAN operations courses here.
- For students looking to learn more about IPv6 – check our our IPv6 courses here.
The class is structured into 5 modules, each of which looks at specific areas of interest to your company.
- The status of 5G around the world?
- Standalone and non-standalone deployments
- Specifications and release plans
- Homogenous networking
- Demo/Lab: The NG interface
- Why the 5G network is associated with a of millions of small cells
- Sub 6GHz and mmWave
- Integrated Access and Backhaul
- Ultra Dense Network (UDN)
- How a homogeneous 5G Core Network is being designed and architected – Part 1
- Control and User Plane Functions
- Network slicing
- Service based architecture
- Demo/Lab: Communications between core network functions
- How a homogeneous 5G Core Network is being designed and architected – Part 2
- CU-DU functional splits
- Edge computing
- Protocol stacks and QoS Flow
- Demo/Labs: Communication between the UE and the core network
- Why 5G is expected to play a key role in the industrial IoT market
- Market opportunity
- Deployment scenarios
- Achieving Ultra Reliable Low Latency Communications
Course Description, Content, Outline, and Instructional Design are Copyright ©CellStream, Inc.