Steve Head is a dynamic entrepreneur who offers over 30 years of professional and consulting experience in private, government, and global telecommunications providing extensive management support, team building techniques, and technical skills supporting the ever-shifting telecommunications landscape. Extensive consulting experience focused on engineering and implementation of next generation telecommunications hardware and software equipment, as well as project management and business process improvement. Well-versed in the global corporate arena with the principal emphasis on design, build and management of cross-functional teams to implement complex telecommunication and data systems, in the U.S. and Asia Pacific. Proven ability to communicate with executives and users, facilitate positive change and create viable solutions with the competitive telecommunications environment.
Over his career Steve has built a strong, multi-disciplinary, customer-focused approach to network engineering, business process improvement and disaster recovery planning. In addition; he has been the speaker at numerous telecommunication conferences and has consulted with rural independent telephone companies, competitive local exchange carriers, and enterprises on telecom network analysis and engineering of next generation IP Voice Data and Video networks.
KEY ACCOMPLISHMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Provide services focused on network design, next generation switching design, budgetary designs, traffic analysis, vulnerability assessment, project management of systems implementation, technical hardware and software audits, due diligence of assets available for acquisition, product management, product marketing, business process and procedure development, disaster recovery and business continuity planning.
- Business Process Analysis and Disaster Recovery Planning with telecommunications companies which assisted the internal efficiency and minimized organizational gaps.
- Assembly and management of schedules and project teams for end to end deployment and integration of products into national networks.
- Management of Sales support and proposal preparation staff, defining business case requirements, including pricing strategy and associated financial analysis.
- Direct customer interface, from the pre-proposal phase through final product installation and operations, to include written, personal and formal presentations.
- Chair of the Telephone Association of New England (TANE) Network Operations Committee.
- TANE -Telephone Association of New England
- TAM – Telecommunications Association of Maine
- NYSTA – New York State Telecommunications Association
- PMI – Project Management Institute (NH & ME Chapters)
- SCTE – Society of Cable Telephone Engineers
- IEEE – Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (COMSOC)