When presenting information, sometimes it is helpful to show a certain area of the screen magnified to call attention to a dialog box or other item. This is what ZoomIt does in a nutshell.
When configured, it will integrate with PowerPoint to allow macro keys to trigger functions during a presentation.
The items available to configure are:
- Zoom: This option will allow you to turn zoom on or off, when its turned on, the scroll wheel on a mouse or the up/down arrow keys control the amount of zoom.
- Live Zoom: Supported in Windows Vista and later versions, this option shows updates (if any) in a window while zoomed.
- Draw: This setting allows you to draw on the screen with the left mouse button while zoom is active. If you want to draw without zoom enabled, you can use Ctrl+2 to enable drawing.
- Type: From within Drawing mode, pressing [t] will enable type mode which allows you to type over the screen. Escape on the keyboard or the left mouse button exits type mode.
- Break: Allows you to configure a break timer as needed for presentations. When enabled, a countdown timer is displayed on the screen.
The one thing we don't like, is that it does not work when you have presenter mode on an additional screen space. But it is free. So check it out.