Thanks to the publication of a study by the NRO (Number Resource Organization) that is the official representative of the five RIRs (Regional Internet Registries) that oversee the allocation of all Internet number resources, we learned the following:
- Over 50% of respondents note that the cost of deployment of IPv6 is a major barrier to adoption and deployment.
- Over 45% of respondents report inabilities to find IPv6 knowledgeable technical staff to support deployment.
The survey polled over 1,500 organizations from 140 countries.
Here are some other interesting facts:
- 70% already offer or plan to offer IPv6 to businesses within the next year
- 60% already offer or plan to offer IPv6 to consumers within the next year
- 10% have no plans to offer IPv6
It is time to bring yourself and your staff up to speed on IPv6.
Supporting IPv6 begins with understanding IPv6.
CellStream has been supporting IPv6 for many years and with the 2 Day Hands On IPv6 standard course, or the 2 Day Ethernet and IPv6 course, or the more detailed 3 Day Hands on IPv6 course, you can begin to build the knowledge base within your technical staff. Hands on training is the best training as students not only understand, but they "do". In the class, we take an IPv4 network and build an IPv6 network - from scratch, and then we learn how the various migration options can be used to support both IPv4 and IPv6 in the near future.
We also offer our Advanced IPv6 course that covers IPv6 over MPLS, and other subjects.