1-Day Instructor Led Hands On Lab Class
Available in either Web Based Delivery or On-Site Delivery
Minimum 10 students - Maximum 20 students
In this course we will take your skills with Wireshark to the next level. We will cover advanced topics in filtering, file operations, statistics and graphing.
We will also look at more details in customizing how Wireshark works continuing your journeys to become great packet explorer!
Wireshark is perhaps the defacto tool for exploring packets, analyzing network problems, and investigating security problems in the network. This Advanced Edition course covers a variety of topics and requires you know how to use all of Wireshark's basic operations.
The objectives of the course are:
- Take your Wireshark skills to the next level
- Learn advanced techniques int he following areas:
- File Operations
The target audience for this course is anyone in Network Operations, Fielt Technical positions, Engineering, Test, Customer Support, Technical Marketing, that requires a solid and complete understanding of the fundamental operations of Wireshark that can be applied to their job function.
Ideal candidates are:
- Operations individuals that will provide network configuration and support services
- Network Design Engineers that need to understand Wireshark as a trouble analysis tool
- Technical sales individuals that must be able to correlate features with functionality
- Technical marketing individuals that want more than just a basic understanding of Wireshark
- Network Administrators
This course is designed to appeal to anyone needing the skills and knowledge to use Wireshark. The ideal student will have some experience in networking and operations, however no prior knowledge is necessary.
All students must attend with a lap-top computer running Windows, MAC OSX, or Linux operating systems.
If the course is held at a classroom where computers are available, the Lap-top computer may not be required.
Class size is limited to 24 students.
Students will be provided with a PDF Course Student Guide. Also, access to analysis captures will be provided via the Online School of Network Science.
This course should be preceded with either the Explore Packet Analysis with Wireshark courses offered here.
We offer a number of different Wireshark courses, with a focus on different use cases:
- The basic Standard Edition Wireshark course taught in 2 days
- The basic Standard Edition Wireshark course taught in 3 days
- The Data Center Edition Wireshark course
- The Wireless Edition Wireshark course
- The Voice Edition Wireshark course
- The One Day Advanced Hackathon Wireshark course
- Section 1: Course Introduction and Logistics
- Section 2: Upgrade Wireshark
- Section 3 : Advanced Capture Filtering and Ring Buffers
- Section 4: Advanced Display Filtering
- Section 5: Advanced Statistics and Graphing
- Section 6: Advanced Name Resolution - Using Ethers and Hosts files
- Section 7: A Brief Look into VoIP using Wireshark
Contact us for schedule dates and times.
Purchase Course Book
You can now purchase a course book directly from us without attending the class. You will receive a PDF emailed to you. We will email within 1 business day of your paid order. Sorry, we no longer offer printed materials.