CellStream, Inc. - Telecom Consulting and Training!
1-Day Instructor Led Hands On Lab Class
What Students are saying about this class:
- "[The instructor] explains things in a way that any of us can understand."
- "Seeing scenarios first hand. Knowing where to look."
- "Like that it is almost all hands on and not just talking and slideshows."
- "Instructor presents everything very clearly and enthusiastically"
- "Like how the instructor periodically comes back to the same core concepts to reinforce them"
- "The best part was learning about all of the most useful features and tools in Wireshark, and the hands on exercises in the lab were particularly good at highlighting how to get the most out of the tool. Also Andy Walding is and EXCELLENT instructor he did an excellent job of covering the most important aspects of the tools and protocols and he has a very deep understanding of the subject material."
- "The Online School is a great resource, I'm glad to know that this school exists!"
This one day, 8 hr. class uses a "follow me" learning approach to build skills in using Wireshark to analyze Wi-Fi/WLAN traffic. The student will be following the instructor as they examine various packet captures representing potential issues, by customizing Wireshark, and leveraging Wireshark's filtering and other tools, to determine problem areas via analysis.
The objectives of the course are to develop a "hands-on" skill set targeted at using Wireshark to analyze Wi-Fi traffic in the following key areas:
- customizing Wireshark to the task at hand: focusing on Wi-Fi
- evaluating Wi-Fi network acquisition
- understanding proper Wi-Fi network behavior vs. improper network behavior
- developing a workflow to determine Wi-Fi issues that can then be used in daily work
The target audience for this course is anyone in Internet Sales, Marketing, Engineering, Test, Customer Support, Technical Marketing, that requires a solid and complete understanding of the fundamental operations of Wireshark, and its support of Wi-Fi analysis, that can be applied to their job function.
Ideal candidates are:
- Central Office and Field Technicians needing to capture and analyze Wi-Fi/WLAN traffic
- Network Administrators and support staff that deal with Wi-Fi problems
- Operations individuals that will provide network configuration and support services
- Network Design Engineers that need to understand Wireshark as a Wi-Fi analysis tool
- Technical Marketing professionals that deal with Wi-Fi
- Technical sales individuals that must be able to correlate features with functionality
- Technical marketing individuals that want more than just a basic understanding of Wireshark and Wi-Fi
This course is designed to appeal to anyone needing the skills and knowledge to analyze Wi-Fi/WLAN traffic using Wireshark.
The ideal student will have experience with Wireshark and experience in the 802.11 protocols, however no prior knowledge is necessary.
All students must attend with a lap-top or similar computer running Windows, MAC OSX, or Linux operating systems. Further they must have Wireshark 3.4.0 or later installed and operational on the system they intend to use for this class.
Class size is limited to 16 students.
Students will be provided with a PDF Course Student/Lab Guide. Also, access to Wi-Fi/WLAN profiles and analysis captures will be provided via the Online School of Network Sciences.
The following are courses the student should consider.
We offer a number of different Wireshark courses, with a focus on different use cases:
- The basic Standard Edition Wireshark course taught in 2 days
- The basic Standard Edition Wireshark course taught in 3 days
- The Data Center Edition Wireshark course
- The Wireless Edition Wireshark course
- The Voice Edition Wireshark course
- The One Day Advanced Hackathon Wireshark course
- Hands On TCP/IP Fundamentals, Hands On TCP/IP and Ethernet Fundamentals
- IP Routing/Addressing 101
Section 1: Course Introduction and Logistics
Section 2: Verification and Customization of Wireshark for Wi-Fi Analysis
Section 3: Wi-Fi Network Membership Issues
Section 4: Wi-Fi Performance
Section 5: Wi-Fi Data Issues
Section 6: Wi-Fi QoS Issues
Section 7: The Wi-Fi/WLAN Troubleshooting Workflow
Course Description, Content, Outline, and Instructional Design are Copyright ©CellStream, Inc.