This one-day course focuses on the knowledge and understanding needed by the Technical and Marketing staff of the Independent Telephone company to understand IP Multicasting and IPTV.
Of the many technical directions that today’s network managers find themselves contemplating, the emergence of IPTV and Multicasting is perhaps the most complex interoperation of technologies that exists on the horizon. Understanding the composite technologies, the underlying functions, and behaviors is key to mastering the selection and direction process for these managers. In this one-day course, CellStream strives to provide a broad but solid technical foundation on the subjects of Multicast, Real-Time IP delivery, and IPTV (encoding and distribution).
Using this foundation, managers can then read the standards with awareness, ask the right questions, understand the reasons behind vendor features, and strive to solve the challenges of the combined technologies involved.
This course will serve as foundation to vendor presentations on solutions and services, providing the student a level of expertise to comprehend, actively listen, and explore the future of their potential for serving customers with IPTV.”
1-Day, Instructor Led or Web Based Delivery.
Minimum: 10 Students, Maximum: 40 Students
- Section 1: Multicasting Concepts for Video and Audio
- IP Multicast Overview
- Addressing – Layer 2 MAC Multicast
- Multicast Tree Models
- Reverse Path Forwarding
- Time to Live
- Administrative Boundaries
- Section 2: Multicast Routing - IGMP & PIM
- IGMP Protocol Details / Operational Model
- PIMv2 Dense Mode Protocol Details / Operational Model
- PIMv2 Sparse Mode Protocol Details / Operational Model
- Core Multicast Routing Design
- Pulling It All Together
- Section 3: RTP and RTCP
- Real Time Control Protocol
- Real Time Protocol
- Section 4: IPTV
- Operational Overview
- Engineering Functional Operations
- Definition and Protocol Stack
- Source Video – Head End
- Encoding and Compressing Source
- Core and Distribution
- Access Network
- End User Components
- Course Summary
Purchase the Course Book
You can now purchase a course book directly from us without attending the class. You will receive a PDF emailed to you. We will email within 1 business day of your paid order. Sorry, we no longer offer printed materials.