CellStream, Inc. - Telecom Consulting and Training!
1-Day Instructor Led Hands On Lab Class
What Students are Saying About this Class:
- "[Instructor] covered the information incredibly well and all of it was applicable to my job. I couldn't be happier with this course."
- "The hands on labs and instructor lead lab reviews were very educational. Thanks you for this learning opportunity"
- "Andy Walding was an excellent instructor. I really appreciated Andy sharing his customer experiences during the class. the lab exercises were very helpful and easy to follow. Great class!"
- "Labs were well planned and very easy to follow."
The most popular internal gateway routing protocol is the Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) protocol. Having hands-on experience configuring and observing how this protocol works is crucial in operating and IP based network today. This swift, one day, 8 hr. class uses a "follow me" learning approach to build skills, the student will get a clear understanding of OSPF.
To develop a "hands-on" skill set targeted at OSPF networking in the following key areas:
- What is OSPF?
- How does it route packets in the Internet?
- How is OSPF configured?
- How does OSPF operate under the hood?
- How does OSPF Area Routing work?
The target audience for this course is anyone in the telecommunications field that requires a solid and complete understanding of the fundamental operations of the TCP/IP protocol suite in networking, and desires hands-on skills that can be applied to their job function. Ideal candidates are:
- Data Center, Central Office Technicians, Engineers, and Supervisors
- Operations individuals that will provide OSPF configuration and support services
- Development Engineers that must know OSPF in order to provide hardware and software solutions
- Network Design Engineers that need to understand OSPF
- Network Management individuals that are providing element and network management tools
- Network Administrators and IT professionals
- Technical sales individuals that must be able to correlate features with functionality
- Technical marketing individuals that want more than just a basic understanding of OSPF
This course to appeals to anyone needing the skills and knowledge of OSPF routing. The ideal student will have some experience in IP networking and operations, however no prior knowledge is necessary.
All students must attend with a lap-top computer with Remote Desktop Connection software supporting Remote Desktop Protocol in order to interface to the Router Labs (this software comes with Windows, and is available free for MAC OSx and Linux). If the course is held at a classroom where computers are available, the Lap-top computer will not be required.
Students will be provided with a Course Student Guide and a Lab Guide. Also, a lab system for configuration and labs will be provided.
Some students have found that our approach to mastering IP Addressing provides needed skills towards acquiring further industry certifications such as Cisco CCNA.
Section 1: Course Introduction and Logistics
Section 2: OSPF Fundamental Concepts
Section 3: The OSPF Protocol and Format
Section 4: The Shortest Path First Method of OSPF
Section 5: Equal Cost Multi Path (ECMP)
Section 6: OSPF Area Routing
Course Description, Content, Outline, and Instructional Design are Copyright ©CellStream, Inc.