CellStream, Inc. - Telecom Consulting and Training!
2-Day Instructor Led Hands On Lab Class
Knowing the fundamentals of Quality of Service (QoS) is vital to anyone who is in the networking field today, whether it be Service Provider level or Enterprise level. This insightful and revealing course has been designed to focus on the systems approach, the engineering thinking behind the QoS methods, design and implementation.
The course is a combination of knowledge training, systems analysis, with hands-on exercises using Cisco routers and Cisco IOS, revealing the details of Quality of Service (QoS) in a swift, comprehensive, and understandable way.
- "What is Quality of Service and why it matters?"
- "What must I know about QoS that will affect my network?"
- "How does QoS work and why would I use/not use it?"
The objectives of the course are to:
- To develop a "hands-on" skill set targeted at Quality of Service (QoS) routing and networking
- Define and answr the question "What is Quality of Service?"
- Understand how QoS can improve performance of IPv4 and IPv6
- Confugure and master QoS usage in routing (OSPF, IS-IS, BGP)
- Configure and master QoS usage in MPLS (L3VPN) networking
- Configure and observe QoS in multiservice converged networking environments
These objectives are met by covering the necessary technical bases in a straight forward manner, by keep the content in context of the objectives - connecting the dots. Utilizing a short, subject specific architecture with exercises to drive home key points and Hands-On experience that reveal these points builds skills and knowledge based on Bloom's Taxonomy. The presentation is always industry current and up-to-date using a technology specialists.
The target audience for this course is anyone in Engineering, Test, Customer Support, Technical Marketing, or even Sales and Marketing that requires a solid and complete understanding of the fundamental operations of Quality of Service and desires hands-on skills that can be applied to their job function. Ideal candidates are:
- Central Office Technicians, Engineers, and Supervisors
- Line Technicians, and Customer Service Technicians
- Operations individuals that will provide QoS configuration and support services
- Development Engineers that must know QoS in TCP/IP networking in order to provide hardware and software solutions
- Network Design Engineers that need to understand QoS applications
- Network Management individuals that are providing element and network management tools
- Network Administrators and IT professionals
- Technical sales individuals that must be able to correlate features with functionality
- Technical marketing individuals that want more than just a basic understanding of QoS
- Certification Track individuals that need to expand their knowledge and studies
This course to appeal to anyone needing the skills and knowledge of IP QoS. The ideal student will have some experience in networking and operations, particularly with IPv4 Addressing and subnetting (e.g. IPv4 Addressing 101), however no prior knowledge is necessary. All students must attend with a lap-top computer in order to interface to the Router Lab. If the course is held at a classroom where computers are available, the Lap-top computer will not be required.
Students will be provided with a Course Student Guide and a Lab Guide. Also, a lab system for configuration and labs will be provided.
This course is not part of the CellStream "101 Series" Courses. This course should be taken after some of the "101 Series" classes as a more in depth discussion on IP QoS and QoS in general.
- Part 1: The Groundwork: Definition of QoS
- Part 2: Lab Preparation and MQC Overview
- Part 3: QoS Theory and Mechanisms
- Part 4: Classification Methods and Lab
- Part 5: Policing and Shaping Methods and Lab
- Part 6: Queuing Methods and Lab
- Part 7: Scheduling Methods and Lab
- Part 8: Integrated Services Architecture and RSVP
- Part 9: Differentiated Services Architecture
- Part 10: LAN QoS Overview
- Part 11: Traffic Engineering Overview
- Part 12: RTP and RTCP Overview
- Part 13: References and Summary
Purchase Course Book
You can now purchase a course book directly from us without attending the class. You will receive a PDF emailed to you. We will email within 1 business day of your paid order. Sorry, we no longer offer printed materials.