CellStream, Inc. - Telecom Consulting and Training!
2-Day Instructor Led Hands On Lab Class
CellStream has developed a number of variants of this skills-based course using MPLS network emulations and Wireshark. They include:
- Troubleshooting MPLS Core Networks
- Troubleshooting MPLS L3 VPNs
- Troubleshooting MPLS Traffic Engineered Networks
This course can be a combination of the above skills, or we can customize any of these variants and insert them into the standard courses. Simply contact us through the link at the bottom of this page for more information.
The objectives of TroubleShooting Skills is to drive home key network concepts, build a logical troubleshooting approach skill, expand the student comprehension and retention level, and develop speed in network restoration via the command line interface. This is accomplished by breaking a fully operational network in a number of different ways so that different failure scenarios are understood and mastered.
These objectives are met by covering the necessary technical bases in a straight forward manner, by keep the content in context of the objectives - connecting the dots. Utilizing a short, subject specific architecture with exercises to drive home key points and Hands-On experience that reveal these points builds skills and knowledge based on Bloom's Taxonomy. Presentation is industry current and up-to-date using a technology specialists.
The target audience for this course is anyone in the telecommunications field that requires a solid and complete understanding of the fundamental operations of MPLS networking, and desires hands-on skills that can be applied to their job function. Ideal candidates are:
- Central Office Technicians, Engineers, and Supervisors
- Line Technicians, and Customer Service Technicians
- Operations individuals that will provide MPLS configuration and support services
- Development Engineers that must know MPLS networking in order to provide hardware and software solutions
- Network Design Engineers that need to understand MPLS services and applications
- Network Management individuals that are providing element and network management tools
- Network Administrators and IT professionals
- Technical sales individuals that must be able to correlate features with functionality
- Technical marketing individuals that want more than just a basic understanding of MPLS
- Certification Track individuals that need to expand their knowledge and studies
CellStream has designed this course to appeal to anyone needing the skills and knowledge of MPLS troubleshooting. The ideal student will have some experience in Basic MPLS operations (for instance having taken the CellStream Course on MPLS). The course also uses Command Line Interface skills training so the student will need to understand how to operate Telnet-based services.
All students must attend with a lap-top computer in order to interface to the Router Lab. If the course is held at a classroom where computers are available, the Lap-top computer will not be required.
Students will be provided with a Course Student Guide and a Lab Guide. Also, a lab system for configuration and labs will be provided.
This course can be followed up with learning in two areas: 1.Hands-On Advanced MPLS Networking (focuses on handling IPv6, Multicast, Provider to Provider MPLS, Provider Serving Provider, Hierarchical LDP and RSVP, TE Protection and Resilience and OA&M), and 2.Mastering AToM, VPWS and VPLS (focuses on Layer 2 VPNs, Psuedowires, Encapsulation, Signaling and Control Extensions, EoMPLS, and QoS) courses.
The course outline is as follows:
- Section 1: The Groundwork
- Overview and Introductions
- Definition of Troubleshooting Techniques
- Review of IP Troubleshooting
- LAB 1: Getting Set Up for MPLS Troubleshooting
- Section 2: MPLS Label Assignment Troubleshooting
- Review of LDP Troubleshooting
- LAB 2: LDP Troubleshooting
- LAB 3: Control Plane Troubleshooting
- Section 3: MPLS VPN Troubleshooting
- Review of MPLS L3 VPN Troubleshooting
- LAB 4: iBGP Label Assignment
- LAB 5: eBGP Label Assignment
- Section 4: MPLS Traffic Engineering Troubleshooting
- Review of Traffic Engineering/RSVP Troubleshooting
- LAB 6: RSVP Troubleshooting
- LAB 7: Label Assignment Troubleshooting
- LAB 8: Fast Reroute Troubleshooting
Course Description, Content, Outline, and Instructional Design are Copyright ©CellStream, Inc.