CellStream, Inc. - Telecom Consulting and Training!
1-Day Instructor Led Hands On Lab Class
This 1-day course is designed specifically for solutions engineers and account managers at your company. It provides them with an understanding of Wi-Fi 6 that will allow them to more effectively interact and advise their customers.
At the end of this 1-day course the learner should be able to:
- Be familiar with Wi-Fi 6 network terminology
- List the key benefits and advantages of deploying Wi-Fi 6
- Compare and contrast Wi-Fi 5 and Wi-Fi 6
- Discuss the challenges and potential of deploying in the 6 GHz band
- Start to understand how their job and your company products are helping your customers deploy high performance WLANs
As the title states, the target audience for this course is anyone in your company that works at the solutions level, such as account managers, sales people, sales engineers and similar roles, or anyone that needs a technology overview.
This course is designed to appeal to anyone that needs to be knowledgeable on Wi-Fi 6 networks. The ideal student will have a background in Wi-Fi and understand basic Wi-Fi operations. However, no prior knowledge is required.
The demonstrations use the Wireshark packet analyzer to explore Wi-Fi 6 packets. Students who which to follow along with these demonstrations are expected to download and install the latest version of Wireshark before coming to class (
Learners will be provided with course material, and supporting reference material via the
There are a number of related courses we offer that explore the technical aspects of both today’s and tomorrow’s wireless networks. For students that require a technical an in-depth understanding of Wi-Fi 6, it is recommended that they attend the 2-day Hands-on Wi-Fi 6/6E (802.11ax) course.
- For students requiring an understanding to today’s and future mobile networks we offer:
- 4G 101 Foundation, available both as instructor led and self-paced
- 4G 201 Advanced, available both as instructor led and self-paced
- 5G 101 in a day, a 1 day 5G introduction - instructor led, web based delivery only
- 5G 201 in a day, an advanced 5G class - instructor led, web based delivery only
- Understanding 5G Wireless Networks, a 2 day instructor led, web based delivery only class
- Advanced 5G Network Radio and Network Concepts - a 1 day instructor led, web based delivery only class
- For students working on IoT, we have several additional courses that compare and contrast the different technologies being deployed to connect “things” to the Internet, such as:
- Enabling IoT: Wireless Low Power and Lossy Networks
- Enabling IoT: The ZigBee Protocol, available both as instructor led and self-paced
- Enabling IoT: IEEE 802.15.4 Low Rate Wireless Sensor Networks
- Enabling IoT: Wireless Access in Vehicular Environments (WAVE)
- Enabling the IoT: Next Generation 802.11 WLANs
- For students needing a technical understanding of the operation of 802.11 Wi-Fi networks we have:
- Understanding Wi-Fi 802.11 Fundamentals - a 1 day instructor led, web based delivery only class
- Wi-Fi 5 - Very High Throughput (802.11ac) - a 1 day instructor led, web based delivery only class
- Understanding Voice and Video over Wi-Fi - a 1 day instructor led, web based delivery only class
- Hands-on Wi-Fi 6/6E (802.11ax) - a 2 day instructor led, web based delivery only class
- Understanding Wi-Fi Security with WPA2 and WPA3 - a 1 day instructor led, web based delivery only class
- For students looking to learn more in general about Wireshark, check out our Wireshark classes here.
- For students looking to learn more about Wi-Fi/WLAN - check our our WLAN operations courses here.
- For students looking to learn more about IPv6 - check our our IPv6 courses here.
The class is structured into 5 modules, each of which looks at specific areas of interest to your company.
- How Wi-Fi 6 supports hundreds of devices connected to a single AP
- Transition to OFDMA
- Allocating Resource Units (RUs) to meet diverse service requirements
- Leveraging beamforming to deliver uplink and downlink MU-MIMO
- Theoretical maximum simultaneous connected devices
- Demo/Lab: Allocating RUs and spatial streams to users
- How Wi-Fi 6 improves the efficiency of wireless LAN deployments
- Mechanisms to improve spectral efficiency
- Mechanisms to improve power efficiency
- Mechanisms to improve operations in dense environments
- Understanding the major difference are between Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) and Wi-Fi 6
- Physical layer enhancements including new channel access mechanisms
- MAC layer enhancements including BSS color and Targeted Wake Time (TWT)
- Demo/Lab: comparing 802.11ac and 802.11ax information elements
- The implications are of deploying Wi-Fi 6 versus Wi-Fi 6E
- Regulation in the 6 GHz license-exempt frequency band
- Channel planning and design
- Demo/Lab: Understanding the data rates quoted in product data sheets
- Why Wi-Fi 6 and 5G are both competitive and complementary technologies
- Compare and contrast the Wi-Fi 6 and 5G NR physical layer capabilities
- Channel access and coexistence mechanism
- Wi-Fi and 5G interworking specifications
Course Description, Content, Outline, and Instructional Design are Copyright ©CellStream, Inc.