1 Day Instructor Led Technology Overview/Briefing
Available in either Web Based Delivery or On-Site Delivery
Web Based Delivery: Max class size is 50
On Site Delivery: Max class size is 30
For the first time in history, we are seeing the deployment of cellular mobile networking technology in commercial enterprises, to solve in-house business problems.
Cellular network technologies provide solutions that are not achievable with other wireless networks, such as Wi-Fi, Zigbee or Bluetooth. The deployment of 4G/5G mobile networks in the enterprise has been enabled by the US-led initiative that enables spectrum to be shared rather than licensed to a singular service provider.
Join this 1-day technical debriefing on enterprise networks enabled by the FCC allocation of CBRS spectrum band for private use.
At the end of this technical debriefing, learners should be able to explain the key issues and challenges surrounding the deployment of private 4G/5G networks in the CBRS band. In addition, learners should be able to answer key customer questions, including:
- What is CBRS and why is it important?
- What business needs are met with 4G/5G that cannot be met with other wireless solutions, such as Wi-Fi?
- What does a CBRS network look like, and what are the key terms and functions that Cisco folks need to understand?
- What are the technical considerations and challenges of deploying private 4G/5G networks?
The target audience for this course is anyone in product planning, technical marketing and sales, system and solutions engineers, as well at IT and OT professionals. The course is ideal for anyone that requires an understanding of how 4G/5G are being deployed in the enterprise environment.
This course is designed to appeal to anyone that needs to be knowledgeable on trends and technologies being deployed in the enterprise networks.
Students would benefit from having some experience in 4G/5G wireless technologies. However, no prior knowledge is assumed.
Learners will be provided with course material, exercises, and supporting reference material via the
Other similar technical Overview/Briefings such as 4G and 5G, and others can be found at the Course Listing page.
The course outline is shown below. This is subject to change during course creation.
- What is CBRS?
- Why is it special?
- What are the use cases?
CBRS Frequency Band
- Who can use the CBRS band?
- What are the rules and regulations?
- How does this compare with Wi-Fi bands?
- Why is the WInnForum important?
- How does their solution meet the regulatory requirements?
- What solutions are certified?
- What are the key LTE terms I should understand?
- How does LTE work?
- How does LTE compare with Wi-Fi?
- What does the CBRS Alliance do?
- What changes to LTE are needed for an enterprise deployment?
- What products are certified?
- How do you plan and design a CBRS network?
- What are the major differences between indoor CBRS and Wi-Fi deployments?
- What are the major differences between outdoor CBRS and Wi-Fi deployments?
- What are the key 5G terms I should understand?
- What extra capabilities does 5G offer over LTE?
- How does 5G compare with Wi-Fi?
Course Wrap Up
- Course Evaluation