- Download 5205
- File Size 57.23 KB
- File Count 1
- Create Date July 20, 2017
- Last Updated November 29, -0001
A DNS Profile for Wireshark
Updated 1/8/22 from feedback! Thanks to your comments! Enjoy!
Every application turn starts with DNS!
This is a great profile for DNS learning, troubleshooting, and analysis. See the contents below:
We changed the colors to be more vivid and easier to distinguish. Remember you can always disable color or modify these yourself.
1, 2 & 3. We added both Query and Response information as columns - a must for any DNS profile you might make.
4. We added the Stream # column - an essential peice of info that you can use in the other filters.
5. We have a series of filter buttons which were supported as of Wireshark 3.4.0 an onward. Check the dropdowns for all of them. One of the most important is the Troubleshooting filters! There is so much to see and explore here.
6 & 7. We added the Source and Destination Port columns, again so helpful in verifying port activity
8. We added the requisite Time Delta column - plus look for some great Troubleshooting filters based on time in the Display Filter Buttons.
There are a ton of display filter buttons (see box 5 above), and in addition, we provide the following handy Display filters:
And we provide the following capture filters:
What would you change?
What would you add?
Let us know. We thank all who have contributed to this profile over the years. Follow us on Twitter to receive notifications of updates to our profiles: @awalding and/or check us out on Github: https://github.com/amwalding/wireshark_profiles