CellStream, Inc. – Telecom Consulting and Training!
|Half-Day Instructor Led Technology Overview/Briefing
Available in either Web Based Delivery or On-Site Delivery
Web Based Delivery: Max class size is 50
On Site Delivery: Max class size is 30
The Half-day Technology Overview/Briefing on IPv6, as part of the Technology Briefings/Emerging Technologies presentations, will provide the attendee insight into some basic operation and terminology of the next generation IPv6 protocol. A focus on the IPv6 addressing and applicability options in an existing IPv4 real world network environment will follow.
Further, the changes to Routing, Quality of Service, DHCP, Security, and ICMP will be reviewed. The overall objective of this one day briefing is to provide sufficient insight to the main subject and thus provide a baseline for creating the next generation solutions for products and services. The attendee will be provided access to ongoing Q&A and discussion for the subject. We will deliver this briefing via web meeting tools in one 4-hour session. This briefing is designed to meet the needs of anyone that requires insight into these emerging technologies from managers to designers.
To develop a focused technology view targeted at the next generation IPv6 protocol with a focus on Addressing and support options for interworking IPv6 and IPv4:
- The evolution to IPv6
- Various Types of IPv6 Addresses
- IPv6 Address Formats
- Tunneling, NAT, and Dual Stack Methods
The target audience for this course is anyone in Engineering, Test, Customer Support, Technical Marketing, or even Sales and Marketing that requires an understanding of the fundamental operations of IPv6 and seeks to comprehend the challenges of migration to IPv6 that can be applied to their job function.
Ideal candidates are:
- Operations individuals that will provide IPv6 configuration and support services
- Network Design Engineers that need to understand IPv6
- Network Management individuals that are providing element and network management tools
- Technical sales individuals that must be able to correlate features with functionality
- Technical marketing individuals that want more than just a basic understanding of IPv6
- Certification Track individuals that need to expand their knowledge and studies
- Network Administrators
This course is designed to appeal to anyone needing the skills and knowledge of IPv6 emerging technology. The ideal student will have some experience in networking, IPv4 and network operations, however no prior knowledge is necessary.
Students will be provided with a PDF Course Student Guide via the Online School of Network Science as well as many course reference materials.
- Establishing the Groundwork – Intro to IPv6
- IPv6 Addressing
- ICMP for IPv6
- IPv6 Routing and Examples
- IPv4 and IPv6 Interworking
Course Description, Content, Outline, and Instructional Design are Copyright ©CellStream, Inc.