CellStream, Inc. – Telecom Consulting and Training!
|2-Day Instructor Led Hands On Lab Class
Available in either Web Based delivery or On-Site Delivery
Minimum 10 students – Maximum 16 students
As more and more networks undertake the Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPv6), details of implementation are vital to anyone who is in the networking field today. Whether it be Service Provider level or Enterprise level, this advanced course has been designed to focus on the systems approach, the engineering thinking behind the IPv6 network design and implementation.
The course is a combination of knowledge training, systems analysis, with hands-on exercises using Cisco routers and Cisco IOS, revealing the advanced details of Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPv6) in a swift, comprehensive, and understandable way.
The target audience for this course is anyone in Engineering, Test, Customer Support, Technical Marketing, or even Sales and Marketing that requires a solid and complete understanding of the advanced operations of IPv6 Addressing and Routing and desires hands-on skills that can be applied to their job function.
Ideal candidates are:
- Operations individuals that will provide IPv6 configuration and support services
- Network Design Engineers that need to understand IPv6 Addressing and Routing
- Network Management individuals that are providing element and network management tools
- Technical sales individuals that must be able to correlate features with functionality
- Technical marketing individuals that want more than just a basic understanding of IPv6
- Certification Track individuals that need to expand their knowledge and studies
- Network Administrators
To develop a “hands-on” skill set targeted at Advanced Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPv6) networking in the following key areas:
- What are the IPv6 Tunneling Options for transition and how do they work?
- How does IPv6 integrate IPSec?
- What are the details behind IPv6 Multicast and Anycast?
- What are the changes in IPv6 for Mobility?
- How is IPv6 used in MPLS Networking?
This course to appeals to anyone needing the advanced skills and knowledge of Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPv6) routing and networking. The ideal student will have completed a fundamentals in IPv6 and is expected to know the addressing schemas and routing of IPv6 networks as these will not be covered in this advanced class.
All students must attend with a lap-top computer in order to interface to the Router Lab. If the course is held at a classroom where computers are available, the Lap-top computer will not be required.
Students will be provided with a Course Student Guide and a Lab Guide. Also, a lab system for configuration and labs will be provided.
The following is a course outline:
- Section 1: Introduction and Course Logistics
- Section 2: A Brief Review of Key IPv6 Concepts and Fundamentals
- Section 3: Transition Options
- Transition Tunneling
- Tunneling Lab 1 – 6to4 Tunnels
- Tunneling Lab 2 – Teredo Tunnels
- Tunneling Lab 3 – ISATAP Tunnels
- IPv4/IPv6 Network Address Translation
- IPv4/IPv6 NAT Lab
- Section 4: IPv6 Quality of Service in IPv6 Networks
- Section 5: IPv6 Security, Privacy and Authentication
- IPv6 Security Lab
- Section 6: IPv6 Multicast and Anycast
- IPv6 Anycast Lab
- IPv6 Multicast Lab
- Section 7: IPv6 Mobility
- Section 8: Using IPv6 in MPLS Environments
- IPv6 MPLS VPNs Lab
- Section 9: References and Summary
Course Description, Content, Outline, and Instructional Design are Copyright ©CellStream, Inc.