CellStream, Inc. – Telecom Consulting and Training!
1-Day Instructor Led Hands On Lab Class
What Students are saying about this class:
- “[The instructor] explains things in a way that any of us can understand.”
- “Seeing scenarios first hand. Knowing where to look.”
- “Like that it is almost all hands on and not just talking and slideshows.”
- “Instructor presents everything very clearly and enthusiastically”
- “Like how the instructor periodically comes back to the same core concepts to reinforce them”
- “The best part was learning about all of the most useful features and tools in Wireshark, and the hands on exercises in the lab were particularly good at highlighting how to get the most out of the tool. Also Andy Walding is and EXCELLENT instructor he did an excellent job of covering the most important aspects of the tools and protocols and he has a very deep understanding of the subject material.”
- “The Online School is a great resource, I’m glad to know that this school exists!”
This one day, 8 hr. class uses a “follow me” learning approach to build skills in using Wireshark to analyze IPv6 traffic. The student will be following the instructor as they examine various packet captures representing potential issues, by customizing Wireshark, and leveraging Wireshark’s filtering and other tools, to determine problem areas via analysis.
The objectives of the course are to develop a “hands-on” skill set targeted at using Wireshark to analyze IPv6 in the following key areas:
- customizing Wireshark to the task at hand: focusing on IPv6
- evaluating IPv6 addressing acquisition and advertisement
- clarifying the differences between IPv4 and IPv6 behavior
- developing a workflow to determine IPv6 issues that can then be used in daily work
The target audience for this course is anyone in Internet Sales, Marketing, Engineering, Test, Customer Support, Technical Marketing, that requires a solid and complete understanding of the fundamental operations of Wireshark, and its support of IPv6 analysis, that can be applied to their job function.
Ideal candidates are:
- Central Office and Field Technicians needing to capture and analyze IPv6
- Network Administrators and support staff that deal with IPv6 problems
- Operations individuals that will provide network configuration and support services
- Network Design Engineers that need to understand Wireshark as an IPv6 analysis tool
- Technical Marketing professionals that deal with IPv6
- Technical sales individuals that must be able to correlate features with functionality
- Technical marketing individuals that want more than just a basic understanding of Wireshark and IPv6
This course is designed to appeal to anyone needing the skills and knowledge to analyze IPv6 traffic using Wireshark.
The ideal student will have experience with Wireshark and experience in the IPv6 protocol, however no prior knowledge is necessary.
All students must attend with a lap-top or similar computer running Windows, MAC OSX, or Linux operating systems. Further they must have Wireshark 3.4.0 or later installed and operational on the system they intend to use for this class.
Class size is limited to 16 students.
Students will be provided with a PDF Course Student/Lab Guide. Also, access to IPv6 profiles and analysis captures will be provided via the Online School of Network Sciences.
The following are courses the student should consider.
We offer a number of different Wireshark courses, with a focus on different use cases:
- The basic Standard Edition Wireshark course taught in 2 days
- The basic Standard Edition Wireshark course taught in 3 days
- The Data Center Edition Wireshark course
- The Wireless Edition Wireshark course
- The Voice Edition Wireshark course
- The One Day Advanced Hackathon Wireshark course
- Hands On TCP/IP Fundamentals, Hands On TCP/IP and Ethernet Fundamentals
- IP Routing/Addressing 101
Section 1: Course Introduction and Logistics
Section 2: Verification and Customization of Wireshark for IPv6 Analysis
Section 3: IPv6 SLAAC Issues
Section 4: IPv6 RA’s and RA Guard
Section 5: ICMPv6
Section 6: IPv6 Tunneling
Section 7: The IPv6 Troubleshooting Workflow
Course Description, Content, Outline, and Instructional Design are Copyright ©CellStream, Inc.