TO: All Clients and Potential Clients
FROM: Andrew Walding
President & Founder
CellStream Inc. — www.cellstream.com
9812 Zembriski Drive,
Plano, TX 75025
RE: Our Anti-Virus Policy
LAST UPDATED: 01/04/2011
- We make every effort to ensure files sent to our clients via e-mail, Internet, or disk are virus free – but we CANNOT guarantee it.
- We are registered users of Microsoft, Avast, Norton, and McAfee Virus Scanning products, that are the most widely used anti-virus programs worldwide. They are used by 80% of Fortune 1000 companies and over 60,000 organizations.
- According to the manufacturers of these Virus Scanning tools, their technology is routinely shown in lab tests to detect virtually all known viruses. These include boot, file, multi-parties, stealth, mutating, encrypted, polymorphic and file/e-mail viruses.
- Because new viruses are created and released routinely, we make it our routine to upgrade and acquire the latest anti-virus products from the manufacturer web sites and by using their automatic update capabilities to maximize our protection levels. We recommend that client running their products do the same.
- Even with these aggressive precautions, CellStream cannot guarantee transmissions to be virus free and we strongly urge clients to use virus-scanning software on all transmitted e-mail and files (web or disk) from CellStream Inc.
- If you open one of our files or e-mails and detect a virus, this does NOT mean the virus came from our end. Files sent over the Internet can pick up viruses in transit.
- The only 100% foolproof protection against receiving a virus is to request that documents be faxed or printed and mailed. You cannot get a virus from hard copy documents.
- If you have any problems with a virus in a file we send you, please notify us immediately: 866-659-1014. If you are having virus problems in general, we can refer you to computer consultants who may be able to help.
At Your Service,