CellStream, Inc. – Telecom Consulting and Training!
2-Day Instructor Led Hands On Lab Class
Knowing the fundamentals of Wi-Fi 6 and Security as these subjects pertain to Wi-Fi/Wireless LAN Operations is vital to anyone who is in the networking field today, whether it be Service Provider level or Enterprise level, especially considering the need to support wireless access technologies by Field Operations, Customer Service, and IT departments. This insightful and revealing course has been designed to focus on the operational aspects of implementing and maintaining a Wi-Fi/WLAN deployment with a focus on Wi-Fi 6 and Security combined.
This course will help you understand how Wi-Fi/WLAN networks operate. We will focus on 802.11 functions, and we will define terms and acronyms along the way. We will discuss what can go wrong in Wi-Fi/WLAN networks. In the end, the students will be able to better troubleshoot and communicate with peers and customers.
The course is a combination of knowledge training, systems analysis, with hands-on exercises using a variety of tools in a swift, comprehensive, and understandable way.
“What is the difference between Wi-Fi 6 and its predecessors?”
“What do I need to know about Wi-Fi 6 deployment”
“What must I know about WLAN deployment options that will affect the network operation?”
“What tools exist to help me analyze and design the best WLAN implementation?”
“How do I properly configure WLAN equipment to improve customer satisfaction?”
“What are the security issues with Wi-Fi networks?”
“What can I, and my customers, do to be more secure on Wi-Fi?”
The objectives of the course are to:
- Understand Wi-Fi 6
- Be able to explain the differences between Wi-Fi 6 and its predecessors
- Be aware and able to communicate Wi-Fi security issues
- Understand what hackers do to WLAN/Wi-Fi networks, and how they do it
- Develop a “hands-on” skill set targeted at WLAN/Wi-Fi Security in the following key areas:
- Security vulnerabilities and attack methods
- Possible mitigations
- Improve customer trust, security, and satisfaction by sharing the knowledge and skills to mitigate security risks
- Deepen wireless networking knowledge and understanding
These objectives are met by covering the necessary technical bases in a straight forward manner, by keep the content in context of the objectives – connecting the dots. Utilizing a short, subject specific architecture with exercises to drive home key points and Hands-On experience that reveal these points builds skills and knowledge based on Bloom’s Taxonomy. Presentation is industry current and up-to-date using a technology specialists.
The target audience for this course is anyone in the telecommunications field that requires a solid understanding of the fundamental security in WLAN/Wi-Fi networks, and desires hands-on skills that can be applied to their job function. Ideal candidates are:
- Central Office Technicians, Engineers, and Supervisors
- Line Technicians, and Customer Service Technicians
- Operations individuals that will provide IP configuration and support services
- Development Engineers that must know TCP/IP networking in order to provide hardware and software solutions
- Network Design Engineers that need to understand TCP/IP services and applications
- Network Management individuals that are providing element and network management tools
- Network Administrators and IT professionals
- Technical sales individuals that must be able to correlate features with functionality
- Technical marketing individuals that want more than just a basic understanding of IP
- Certification Track individuals that need to expand their knowledge and studies
This course appeals to anyone needing the skills and knowledge of Wi-Fi 6 and WLAN’s. The ideal student will have some experience in Wireless networking and operations, however no prior knowledge is necessary.
All students must attend with a lap-top computer in order to execute the Lab Exercises. Wireshark must be installed and operational. If the course is held at a classroom where computers are available, the Lap-top computer will not be required.
Students will be provided with a Course Student Guide.
There are several related courses that explore tangential technical aspects. These include:
- Want to train the CSR’s? We have a perfect one day version of this course: https://goo.gl/vUHcFU
- For students needing a fundamental understanding of the operation of 802.11 Wi-Fi networks, we have our Wi-Fi 101 Fundamentals course.
- For students looking to understand IEEE 802.11n and 802.11ac standards and deployment challenges, we offer an in-depth Wi-Fi 201 Advanced: 802.11n/ac High and Very High Throughput technical class.
- For students interested in implementing voice and video over Wi-Fi, we have a course looking at the IEEE 802.11e QoS, 802.11k Radio Measurements, 802.11r Fast BSS Transition, and 802.11v network management called Wi-Fi 301 Services: Leveraging 802.11e,k,r,v to deliver voice and video.
- For students working on Wi-Fi security, we offer a Wireless Security Threats and Countermeasures course that focused on understanding the security techniques defined in the IEEE 802.11i security specification.
- For students looking to troubleshoot Wi-Fi networks, we offer a Explore Packet Analysis with Wireshark (Wi-Fi Edition) course that shows students how to capture Wi-Fi packets over-the-air and how to analyze your captured packets.
- We also offer a 4G 101 Foundation class, 4G 201 Advanced class, and 5G 101 Foundation class.
The course outline is as follows:
- Section 1: Establishing the Groundwork
- Section 2: Radio Frequency Review
- Section 3: Wi-Fi 6
- Section 4: 802.11 MAC Layer Review
- Section 5: WLAN Site Survey
- Section 6: WLAN Troubleshooting
- Section 7: Brief Introduction to Security and WLAN Security
- Section 8: Reconnaissance & Scanning the WLAN/Wi-Fi Network
- Section 9: Access, Denial of Service, and Man In the Middle Attacks
- Section 10: Personal Security in the WLAN
- Section 11: Layer 2 and Layer 3 Mitigation
- Section 12: Conclusions
Course Description, Content, Outline, and Instructional Design are Copyright ©CellStream, Inc.