- Download 3308
- File Size 52.02 KB
- File Count 1
- Create Date August 31, 2014
- Last Updated November 29, -0001
IPv6 Neighbor Solicitation (NS) Profile (for Wireshark 3.4.0 and onwards)
For those of you who love Wireshark and are supporting IPv6, we would like to offer a great default profile for IPv6. Consider for a moment what would be important in your network administration in IPv6:
- Certainly anything having to do with ICMPv6
- Being able to find packets with certain extension headers
- Being able to detect tunelled packets
- Being able to note packets with certain IPv6 Addresses
All this would be a great starting point, and you would want to have great colorization of things like neighbor discovery, ICMPv6 errors, etc.
This profile adds columns for Neighbor Solicitation analysis.