- Download 81
- File Size 0.00 KB
- File Count 1
- Create Date July 25, 2017
- Last Updated December 27, 2022
OpenFlow v1.3.1 Specification (Sept. 6, 2012)
OpenFlowÂ® is the first standard communications interface defined between the control and forwarding layers of an SDN architecture. OpenFlowÂ® allows direct access to and manipulation of the forwarding plane of network devices such as switches and routers, both physical and virtual (hypervisor-based).
OpenFlow-based SDN technologies enable IT to address the high-bandwidth, dynamic nature of today's applications, adapt the network to ever-changing business needs, and significantly reduce operations and management complexity.
For historical information about the origins of OpenFlowÂ® at Stanford University prior to the creation of ONF, please see archive.openflow.org.
- Enable innovation/differentiation
- Accelerate new features and services introduction
- Simplify provisioning
- Optimize performance
- Granular policy management
- Hardware & Software
- Control plane & forwarding
- Physical & logical config.