CellStream, Inc. – Telecom Consulting and Training!
|1-Day Instructor Led Hands On Lab Class
Available in either Web Based delivery or On-Site Delivery
Minimum 10 students – Maximum 20 students
Knowing the fundamentals of the Internet Protocol Version 4 Addressing within the TCP/IP protocol suite is vital to anyone who is in the networking field today, whether it be Service Provider level or Enterprise level. This insightful and revealing course has been designed to focus on the systems approach, the engineering thinking behind IP Addressing and Subnetting.
The course is a combination of knowledge training, systems analysis, with hands-on exercises using Cisco routers and Cisco IOS, revealing the details of IPv4 Addressing and Subnetting in a swift, comprehensive, and understandable way.
To develop a “hands-on” skill set targeted at TCP/IP networking in the following key areas:
- IPv4 Classless Addressing
- IPv4 Subnet Addressing and Management (Variable Length Subnet Masking)
- Master the 5-Layer IP model vs. the 7-layer OSI model, and the TCP/IP suite of protocols
- Be able to design IP networks and subnetworks using addressing expertise developed in this class
- Observe and understand the future of IP – IPv6
The target audience for this course is anyone in Engineering, Test, Customer Support, Technical Marketing, or even Sales and Marketing that requires a solid and complete understanding of the fundamental operations of IPv4 Addressing and Subnetting and desires hands-on skills that can be applied to their job function.
Ideal candidates are:
- Operations individuals that will provide IP configuration and support services
- Network Design Engineers that need to understand TCP/IP services and applications
- Network Management individuals that are providing element and network management tools
- Technical sales individuals that must be able to correlate features with functionality
- Technical marketing individuals that want more than just a basic understanding of IP
- Certification Track individuals that need to expand their knowledge and studies
- Network Administrators
This course to appeal to anyone needing the skills and knowledge of IPv4 Addressing and subnetting. The ideal student will have some experience in networking and operations, however no prior knowledge is necessary. All students must attend with a lap-top computer in order to interface to the Router Lab. If the course is held at a classroom where computers are available, the Lap-top computer will not be required.
Students will be provided with a Course Student Guide and a Lab Guide. Also, a lab system for configuration and labs will be provided.
This course is part of the CellStream “101 Series” Courses. This course should be taken prior to any 201, 301, or 401 classes. Related to this course and a great next step is the IPv4 Routing 101 class. After this class, if interested in the next generation IP, you should consider the Hands On IPv6 class.
- Part 1:
- The Groundwork
- Overview and Introductions
- Introduction to the Internet
- Access and Applications of IP
- LAB 1: OSI Model Exercise
- LAB 2: Accessing the Lab Network
- Part 2:
- The TCP IP Stack Operation
- The Layer 4 protocols
- LAB 3: TCP/UDP Exercise
- Layer 3 IPv4 and Addressing
- LAB 4: IPv4 Addressing Exercise
- IP Subnet Addressing
- LAB 5: IPv4 Subnet Addressing Exercises
- LAB 6: Basic IPv4 Network configuration/Addressing
- The Next Generation IP – IPv6
Course Description, Content, Outline, and Instructional Design are Copyright ©CellStream, Inc.
You can use an online subnet calculator – click on the image below: