CellStream, Inc. – Telecom Consulting and Training!
|1-Day Instructor Led Hands On Lab Class
Available in either Web Based delivery or On-Site Delivery
Minimum 8 students – Maximum 16 students
What Students are Saying About this Class:
- “[Instructor] covered the information incredibly well and all of it was applicable to my job. I couldn’t be happier with this course.”
- “The hands on labs and instructor lead lab reviews were very educational. Thanks you for this learning opportunity”
- “Andy Walding was an excellent instructor. I really appreciated Andy sharing his customer experiences during the class. the lab exercises were very helpful and easy to follow. Great class!”
- “Labs were well planned and very easy to follow.”
The most popular external gateway routing protocol is the Border Gateway Protocol (BGP). BGP is perhaps the most complex protocols of all the routing protocols with many features and policies. It is impossible to cover everything on BGP in a day, but we will provide a solid understanding of BGP and it’s many features in this course. Having hands-on experience configuring and observing how this protocol works is crucial in operating and IP based network today. This swift, one day, 8 hr. class uses a “follow me” learning approach to build skills, the student will get a clear understanding of BGP.
To develop a “hands-on” skill set targeted at BGP networking in the following key areas:
- What is BGP?
- How does it route packets in the Internet?
- How is BGP configured?
- How does BGP operate under the hood?
- What is the difference between iBGP and eBGP?
- How do BGP Reflectors work and why are they used?
- How do BGP Confederations work and why are they used?
The target audience for this course is anyone in the telecommunications field that requires a solid and complete understanding of the fundamental operations of BGP in networking, and desires hands-on skills that can be applied to their job function. Ideal candidates are:
- Data Center, Central Office Technicians, Engineers, and Supervisors
- Operations individuals that will provide BGP configuration and support services
- Development Engineers that must know BGP in order to provide hardware and software solutions
- Network Design Engineers that need to understand BGP
- Network Management individuals that are providing element and network management tools
- Network Administrators and IT professionals
- Technical sales individuals that must be able to correlate features with functionality
- Technical marketing individuals that want more than just a basic understanding of BGP
This course to appeals to anyone needing the skills and knowledge of BGP routing. The ideal student will have some experience in IP networking and operations, however no prior knowledge is necessary.
All students must attend with a lap-top computer with Remote Desktop Connection software supporting Remote Desktop Protocol in order to interface to the Router Labs (this software comes with Windows, and is available free for MAC OSx and Linux). If the course is held at a classroom where computers are available, the Lap-top computer will not be required.
Students will be provided with a Course Student Guide and a Lab Guide. Also, a lab system for configuration and labs will be provided.
Some students have found that our approach to mastering IP Addressing provides needed skills towards acquiring further industry certifications such as Cisco CCNA.
Section 1: Course Introduction and Logistics
Section 2: BGP Fundamental Concepts
Section 3: The BGP Protocol and Format
Section 4: eBGP vs iBGP
Section 5: BGP Route Reflectors
Section 6: BGP Confederations
Course Description, Content, Outline, and Instructional Design are Copyright ©CellStream, Inc.