2.5 -Day Instructor Led Hands On Lab Class
Available in either Web Based delivery or On-Site Delivery
MPLS continues to gain popularity and usage as well as development of new features from the IETF, IEEE and Cisco customers. Knowing the advanced features that have been added to MPLS, MPLS L3VPNs, and MPLS Traffic Engineering such as Multicast, OA&M, Provider to Provider MPLS, and Traffic Protection is vital to anyone who is in the networking field today, whether it be Service Provider level or Enterprise level. This insightful and revealing course has been designed to focus on the systems approach, the engineering thinking behind the evolving world of MPLS Networking.
The course is a combination of knowledge training, systems analysis, with hands-on exercises using Cisco routers and Cisco IOS, revealing the details and opportunities of Advanced MPLS and the common control plane in a swift, comprehensive, and understandable way.
The objectives of the course are to develop a “hands-on” skill set targeted at Advanced MPLS, MPLS Multicast, Provider to Provider MPLS, and Advanced Traffic Engineering Protection in the following key areas:
- Handling IPv6 in MPLS VPNs and Networks
- Handling Multicast in MPLS and MPLS VPNs (P2MP support for multicast applications)
- Provider to Provider MPLS
- Provider Serving Provider MPLS
- Hierarchical LDP and RSVP
- TE Protection and Resilience
These objectives are met by covering the necessary technical bases in a straight forward manner, by keep the content in context of the objectives – connecting the dots. Utilizing a short, subject specific architecture with exercises to drive home key points and Hands-On experience that reveal these points builds skills and knowledge based on Bloom’s Taxonomy. The presentation is always industry current and up-to-date using a technology specialists.
The target audience for this course is anyone in Development Engineering, Dev. Test, Customer Support, Technical Marketing, or even Sales Engineering that requires a solid and complete understanding of the advanced operations of Advanced MPLS, MPLS Multicast, Provider to Provider MPLS, and Advanced Traffic Engineering Protection in networking and desires hands-on skills that can be applied to their job function.
Ideal Condidates are:
- Central Office Technicians, Engineers, and Supervisors
- Line Technicians, and Customer Service Technicians
- Operations individuals that will provide MPLS configuration and support services
- Development Engineers that must know MPLS networking in order to provide hardware and software solutions
- Network Design Engineers that need to understand MPLS services and applications
- Network Management individuals that are providing element and network management tools
- Network Administrators and IT professionals
- Technical sales individuals that must be able to correlate features with functionality
- Technical marketing individuals that want more than just a basic understanding of MPLS
- Certification Track individuals that need to expand their knowledge and studies
This course to appeal to anyone needing the skills and knowledge of Advanced MPLS, MPLS Multicast, Provider to Provider MPLS, and Advanced Traffic Engineering Protection. The ideal student will have some experience in MPLS networking and operations. See related content below.
All students must attend with a lap-top computer in order to interface to the Router Lab. If the course is held at a classroom where computers are available, the Lap-top computer will not be required.
Students will be provided with a Course Student Guide and a Lab Guide. Also, a lab system for configuration and labs will be provided.
This course should be preceded with either the Hands on MPLS and L3 VPN’s (2.5 days), and can followed up with learning in the Mastering AToM (focuses on Layer 2 VPNs, Pseudowires, Encapsulation, Signaling and Control Extensions, EoMPLS, and QoS) (2-day) course.
The course outline is as follows:
Section 1: Handling IPv6 in MPLS Networks
Section 2: Handling Multicast in MPLS and MPLS VPNs (P2MP support for multicast applications)
Section 3: Provider to Provider MPLS
Section 4: Provider Serving Provider MPLS
Section 5: Hierarchical LDP and RSVP
Section 6: TE Protection and Resilience
Section 7: OA&M
Purchase Course Book
You can now only purchase a course book directly from us. They ship within 1 business week. These books are printed in the same format as the student would receive in the classroom. The cost of the course books is $195 per set (plus shipping) and includes a Student Guide and Lab Guide.