CellStream, Inc. – Telecom Consulting and Training!
|1-Day Instructor Led Technology Overview/Briefing
Available in either Web Based Delivery or On-Site Delivery
Web Based Delivery: Max class size is 50
On Site Delivery: Max class size is 30
Virtualization is the main technolopgy behind Data Center and almost all computing/networking today.
The 1-day (2x4hr sessions if Web Delivery) Technology Overview/Briefing on Virtualization Technologies, as part of the Technology Briefings/Emerging Technologies presentations, will provide the attendee insight into some basic operation and terminology of Virtualization. Then a focus and examination on the current Virtualization products and offerings in a real world service provider will follow.
Further, the trend of Data Center virtualization will be discussed, along with the need for virtualization in the networking environment. The overall objective of this one day briefing is to provide sufficient insight to the main subject and thus provide a baseline for creating the next generation solutions for products and services. The attendee will be provided access to ongoing Q&A and discussion for the subject. We will deliver this briefing via web meeting tools in two 4-hour sessions. This briefing is designed to meet the needs of anyone that requires insight into these emerging technologies from managers to designers.
To develop a focused technology view targeted at Virtualization with a focus on Computing and Networking virtualization in the following key areas:
- Computing Virtualization tools, applications and techniques
- Network Virtualization
- Virtualization and Cloud Computing
The target audience for this course is anyone in Engineering, Test, Customer Support, Technical Marketing, or even Sales and Marketing that requires an understanding of the fundamental operations of network and computing virtualization and seeks to comprehend the challenges of virtualization that can be applied to their job function.
Ideal candidates are:
- Operations individuals that will provide virtualization configuration and support services
- Network Design Engineers that need to understand virtualization concepts and practices
- Network Management individuals that are providing element and network management tools
- Technical sales individuals that must be able to correlate features with functionality
- Technical marketing individuals that want more than just a basic understanding of virtualization
- Certification Track individuals that need to expand their knowledge and studies
- Network Administrators
This course is designed to appeal to anyone needing the skills and knowledge of virtualization emerging technology. The ideal student will have some experience in networking and operations, however no prior knowledge is necessary.
Students will be provided with a Course Student Guide via the Online School as well as many course reference materials.
Other similar technical Overview/Briefings such as IPv6, 4G, and 802.11 can be found at the Course Listing page.
- Part 1 – Overview of Virtualization
- What is virtualization?
- What technologies are driving virtualization?
- Part 2 – Key Types of Virtualization
- Part 3 – Applications of Virtualization
- The Cloud
- Types of Clouds: public / private / hybrid
- Part 4 – Implications of Virtualization
- Part 5 – Implications of Virtualization for your company
- Strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats
- Part 6 – Q & A
Course Description, Content, Outline, and Instructional Design are Copyright ©CellStream, Inc.